Telephone Number Inventory Reporting and Analysis to Avoid Inventory Exhaust
It takes approximately 30 days to obtain a new block from the Pooling Administration, and more than that to open a new code. Neustar Number Forecaster analyzes number inventory and essential mitigating factors to proactively identify the areas nearing exhaust or requiring attention.
Number Forecaster uses your utilization data, block availability at the Pooling Administration and telephone number usage per month to forecast utilization by rate center. This data is analyzed to assess the health of your numbering inventory and displayed in a dashboard format. This visualization helps to quickly identify areas nearing exhaust to better anticipate ordering needs and avoid missing a Pooling Administration deadline.
Interactive Dashboard to View the Detail You Need
Number Forecaster’s dashboard display highlights rate centers nearing exhaust and presents a recommended timeframe for ordering new blocks or codes. It also allows you to pinpoint specific areas of interest by allowing you to filter the data by:
- Market – customized to your organization
- Month to Exhaust (MTE) (less than X number of months)
- Average TN monthly growth (greater than X TNs per month)
- PAS block availability (greater than X blocks available in PAS)
In addition to the dashboard, a detailed rate center graphic shows current telephone number levels with historical trending and projects future inventory based on average telephone number growth. You may also change the values for future utilization and pool blocks to see the immediate cause and effect on the month to exhaust point.
Authoritative Numbering Solutions from the Numbering Experts
Neustar provides a complete suite of user-friendly, web-based applications that help you manage your telephone number environment. Real-time, authoritative data gives you the most current and accurate routing, pooling and porting information in one application.
Number Forecaster, along with all Port PS Solutions are accessed from the Neustar Numbering Services Portal.
- Port PS Basic: in one place, quickly identify telephone number ownership and routing given the current pooling and porting history.
- Query Manager: streamline reporting with pre-defined and stored queries. Define your variables and save, schedule and share your queries to speed reporting.
- RIMS: the Resource Inventory Management System (RIMS) interfaces with the Pooling Administration to simplify pool block requests, donations, modifications and returns. As a central repository for block utilization and forecasting, RIMS automates regulatory and forecast reports.
- API: as an alternative to the portal, you can integrate Port PS with your existing back-office to automate the retrieval of ownership and routing data.
- Number Analyzer: helps Code and Numbering Administrators respond to requests and questions regarding port-in and port-out activity and volumes; respond to utilization inquiries from Public Utility Commissions and helps reallocate numbers on the network.